The Library of Nineteenth-Century Photography

 
 
 
The Palm House at Kew

The Palm House at Kew


An albumen print view of the Palm House at Kew.

The Palm House was built by architect Decimus Burton and iron-maker Richard Turner between 1844 and 1848, and was the first large-scale structural use of wrought iron.

Photographer unidentified.
 

Code: 124917
 
  Back           Home Contact   
           Search
© Paul Frecker 2018