The Library of Nineteenth-Century Photography

 
 
 
The Law Courts

The Law Courts


An albumen print view of the The Royal Courts of Justice, commonly called the Law Courts, the building in London which houses the Court of Appeal of England and Wales and the High Court of Justice of England and Wales.

Designed by George Edward Street, construction started in 1873. The building took eight years to complete and was officially opened by Queen Victoria on the 4 December 1882.

Photographed by London Stereoscopic Company.
 

Code: 124915
 
  Back           Home Contact   
           Search
© Paul Frecker 2018