The Library of Nineteenth-Century Photography

 
 
 
Royal Pump Room, Harrogate

Royal Pump Room, Harrogate


A topographical carte-de-visite showing a view of the Royal Pump Room at Harrogate in Yorkshire. Built in 1842, the stone rotunda provided visitors with water from the Old Sulphur Well.

The premises on the left is a tobacconist's shop owned by Samuel Farrar. Born in Leeds about 1836, he appears on the 1871 census living at 170 Montpellier Gardens with his wife Elizabeth and their three children.

Photographed by H.C. Booth [Hiram Crompton Booth] of Harrogate, Yorkshire.
 

Code: 126102
 
  Back           Home Contact   
           Search
© Paul Frecker 2018