The Library of Nineteenth-Century Photography

 
 
 
Palais des Tuileries

Palais des Tuileries


One half of a stereoview showing the Tuileries Palace (French: Palais des Tuileries), a royal palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine until 1871, when it was destroyed in the upheaval during the suppression of the Paris Commune. It closed off the western end of the Louvre courtyard, which has remained open since the destruction of the palace.

Photographer unidentified.
 

Code: 124947
 
  Back           Home Contact   
           Search
© Paul Frecker 2018