The Library of Nineteenth-Century Photography

 
 
 
Mansion House Buildings

Mansion House Buildings


One half of a stereoview showing Mansion House Buildings on the corner of Queen Victoria Street and Poultry, looking south-west. They were designed by John Belcher Junior and built in 1870.

The photograph was probably taken shortly after the building was completed, since the sign at third floor level reads; 'Offices to Let'. The ground floor premises are occupied by the electroplating and cutlery firm Mappin and Webb, today silversmiths and jewellers.

The building was demolished in 1994.

Photographed by G.R. & Co.
 

Code: 124926
 
  Back           Home Contact   
           Search
© Paul Frecker 2018