The Library of Nineteenth-Century Photography

 
 
 
Horse Guards' Parade

Horse Guards' Parade


One half of a stereoview of Horse Guards' Parade. According to a printed paper label pasted to the reverse of the mount, the artillery in the foreground is the 'Salamanca Shell'. Employed at the siege of Cadiz, it was left behind when the Spanish army retreated after the Battle of Salamanca in 1812. The Spanish regency later presented it to the Prince Regent.

Photographed by G.R. & Co.
 

Code: 124929
 
  Back           Home Contact   
           Search
© Paul Frecker 2018