The Library of Nineteenth-Century Photography

 
 
 
Carshalton House, Surrey

Carshalton House, Surrey


A topographical carte-de-visite showing a view of Carshalton House, a fine Queen Anne mansion set in 25 acres of parkland.

In 1859 it was advertised in the Times as having ‘extensive and very complete arrangements for conducting an important scholastic establishment situated in finely timbered park grounds.’ In 1893 it was purchased by the Daughters of the Cross and today it is home to St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls.

Photographed by William Drummond of Sutton New Town, late of Carshalton.

 

Code: 124888
 
  Back           Home Contact   
           Search
© Paul Frecker 2018